In this review we do a presentation and evaluation of the LifeStraw Purifier a very innovative product that has the function to filter the water, making it safe for human consumption, without the use of electricity or batteries.
This innovation comes from the Swiss company Vestergaard Frandsen and is distributed in Brazil by Eco Life.
Technical information and operation
Water enters at the bottom and goes through a filtering process in two steps: the first removes the particles until 125 microns and the second part to 15 microns.
The LifeStraw removes 99.9999% of bacteria and 99.9 of protozoa. I.e. the water passing through the filter is free from microorganisms causing diarrhea, typhoid and cholera, as well as Salmonella and other disease-causing bacteria.
How to use
The use is very simple. Just put the bottom in the water and sugar, just like a straw.
The procedure is exactly that, but there are some differences, to dive to the bottom of the LifeStraw in water, the water does not enter naturally as a filtration system inside the straw. So for the water to get to your mouth you need to suck it. The process is not immediately so keep sucking until the water goes through the entire filter system it may take a few seconds.
Basically that’s it! The water was not suitable for use going on inside of the LifeStraw and arrives in your mouth good for consumption.
The trickiest part of your usage is to find a position that you can get down enough to be able to take. Depending on the location the best solution is to lie on the ground.
A very interesting question, maybe, but I still think it’s worth quoting. It was a little difficult psychologically drinking from a water fountain that I wouldn’t drink normally. Of course, even though it is proven that the LifeStraw really works, there was a fear at first, something kind of instinctive. But it was not until the first tests.
We use the product on a few occasions “it worked”. There was no effect after drinking water from unreliable source.
The LifeStraw just don’t get the taste of the water. Feel a taste of Earth. According to the company the first 200 ml should come with strong taste of iodine. Just felt like Earth.
-The top is where you put your mouth to suck the water she has a Cap. It is extremely important to keep this clean part. Doesn’t help purify water if you leave the unfiltered water contact with the nozzle. After use always cover that part to keep it clean.
– Water after using the LifeStraw he becomes full of water inside, so we must do the contrary movement and blow for the water to come out from the inside.
– Do not leave the filter to the ground or hit something solid. If any disruption or breach from inside the filter is compromised.
-Don’t let him fall in polluted water.
– Before use read the instructions carefully and usage details.
- As the only way to use it is by means of suction the water ends up being used only for direct consumption and instantaneous.You cannot filter the water to be stored for later use.
- Is an interesting product to be used on trails, especially if you know that there will be water sources along the way and you don’t want to carry a lot of weight carrying a lot of water.
- The life of the LifeStraw corresponds to at least 1000 litres of water.If you consider that you drink 1 litre of water in each adventure that use the Purifier, would it be possible to use it in 1000 adventures!Anyway, this is a rather difficult to do.
Even using the LifreStraw, for safety, never left for adventures without a minimum water reservoir. Many times we need water for other functions such as clean an injury or for cooking and the LifeStraw won’t be able to do this function.
More product information see the website of Eco Life
Product data and technical information
Length: 25 cm
Diameter: 2.9 cm
Weight: 125 grams
Composition: The outside of the product is made of high impact polystyrene
Active Ingredient: Halogenated Resin activates the active ingredients within the filter to kill pathogens. Granular activated carbon (impregnated silver) absorbs residual active halogen.
This product is provided by Eco Life, official distributor of this product in Brazil, but does not represent a sponsored Post since we here our most genuine opinion about the product, without any influence of the company. Learn more about our policies on Reviews.
LifeStraw Personal Water Filter Review
Best & Top-Selling Survival Products
Katadyn Pocket Water Filter Review
Blundstone 992 Steel Cap Boot Honey
20Ltr Rectangular Drum
Yugoslavian Gas Mask
Hong Kong Flag
Victorinox Swiss Card Classic Red
Military Style Tunnel Tent 11 x11
Aquatabs Water Purification Tablets
Inflatable Travel Pillow
Aquatabs Water Purification Tablets